The Boisterous Bevan's
Saturday, April 27, 2013
Bites, Bulls and Bluebonnets
April in Texas means bluebonnets are among us. My favorite time of year. Some friends told us about a secret spot much closer to home than the original spot we found. Bluebonnets are hard to come by in the metroplex so this was a golden opportunity! The field was perfect, complete with a bobwar (aka) barbed wire fence and rusty gate. Totally Texas. I had the kids sit on the gate thinking it would be a cute photo op. Naturally Noah climbed the fence. I wasn't too worried until huge cows started coming towards us. I'm not sure if they were bulls or not, but I wasn't going to find out. Meanwhile, Ryan started doing the potty dance. He stepped in a huge ant hill while wearing flip flops. His foot looked like the face of an acne prone teen. Not fun. An hour and 100 pictures later, we managed to come away with a few goodies. These were taken with our phones so the quality isn't great, but oh well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















We are SO jealous!!! Love the pics, guys. Baby H looks like a dream of dimples and smiles. We can't wait to hug her.
ReplyDeleteAnd I quote: "these were taken on our phones so that quality isn't great." WELP, I guess Apple should be calling you any minute to get the rights to these photos because these are AMAZING (both in quality AND subjects). So beautiful!! I do miss Texas Bluebonnets and I'm pretty sure we never got a picture of our kids in them. You will love these pictures forever.
ReplyDelete